Learn Online: It can be a great tool

Little to no work Experience?  If you are in my situation, a college senior who had minimal tech work experience outside of the classroom, you can boost your knowledge and skills in just about anything you want to with free online training courses.  You're not a student? No problem, if you want to learn any type of skill, for free, this applies to you as well!  I took, and continue to take advantage of many learning platforms to increase my knowledge, and boost my chances for success in the future.


The number one place I started learning how to just about anything is from YouTube.  Weather I wanted to fix something broken, or learn something more in depth, YouTube usually had a great answer.  Obviously, as professional research goes, you don't want to site information from here or Wikipedia.  I was able to save a lot of money with YouTube by fixing various problems including: car issues, home appliance issues, and various other issues.

Codecademy logo
As I entered my junior year of College I took a Database course my first semester and wanted a way to learn the basics, on my own, in order to be more successful in my course.  Code Academy was there for me.  They go fairly in depth in their free courses.  I have not paid for any, so I do not know if they get anymore advanced.  After completing several courses, I would say the courses give you a good understanding of the language and hands on training. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allysian Sciences: Review

IT Skills In Demand !!